Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It has begun...

Welcome to the Slangin' Sweets Truck Build blog! I've taken on the task of building a pedal/electric quadracycle with the body of a miniature LA Food Truck. My plan is to ride around the streets and beaches of LA, selling sweet treats for all to consume. I'm doing this as an expression of creativity and to build my design skills. I'm not very familiar with the inner-workings of bicycles, the brands or the part names so this project is a bit of an undertaking. I'm excited!

The start of the Slangin' Sweets Truck build has started with the purchase of a Schwinn 3-speed trike. My original intentions were to make the truck front wheel drive and steering; however, I didn't want to go through the hassle of finding and modifying CV joints to fit this application. So I am going to use the rear end of this trike as my basis. It's an all steel frame with an internal hub 3-speed connected to a 1-wheel drive rear axle. There is a lot of work to be done, but it is nice to have something to look at to help visualize the build. I will continue to update this blog so please check back later as the build progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment