Monday, January 3, 2011

Parts Cleanup


So now that I've got the trike all chopped up, I needed to clean up some of the parts I'm going to be re-using. The head tube is going to be relocated to the front axle and will be the center point in the Pitman Arm steering system. I have been spending a lot of time trying to source parts such as 4.5" wide/20"dia rims, 20mm hubs, disk brakes, and a electric hub motor.

20mm hubs are semi-common on downhill mountain bikes; however, finding 2 spare front wheel assemblies is proving to be quite difficult. I've found a source for new 20mm hubs with a 6 bolt disk setup, so I'm going to give that a try (http://www.bitexhubs.com/htm/hub-b-DH20M.htm). Now, I've gotta find my rims and get them all laced up! I've never laced a rim before so this might be interesting. The old go-to guide for anything bicycle related, Sheldon Brown's website, has a great page dedicated to wheel building (http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html) that I hope will make this an easy process.

No comments:

Post a Comment